Thursday 12 May 2016

Project Eurovision part 2

Soooo
Throwing together fatastic sequin outfits wasn't quite as quick and painless as RuPauls Dragrace and Project Runway makes it seem...It takes a whole day just to cut the damn fabric.

If anybody here haven't read part 1 of this magnificent journey, here it is: 





And speaking of cutting the fabric.. When the fabric is sequin it also means that you will have sequins ALL over your house. Forever. I have found sequins in the bottom of my laudry basket, underneith all the clothes.. Inside books in the book shelf, in the refrigerator, on my fingers right now.. EVERYWHERE!

I'm thinking sequins are the fabulous un-living cousins of the bed bugs. Once you get them in the house you have to burn it down to get rid of them again..

Anyway...

The work is slowly coming to an end. As I'm not exactly a made to measure-kind of semstress at this point, I just cut the pieces of my jumpsuit and sew them together. And I ended up with an enormous blob of a suit. So now I've had to learn to fit it. And now it doesn't look half bad actually :D



So since I only have small details left on it I have started on Matts waistcoat.
IT'S GONNA BE SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD :D

It takes forever to hand sew the rhinestone flag on the back but OH MY GOD!!


And as you can see, if I'm pressed for time to finish the whole Union Jack, Matt is rooting for Iceland. (Even though they didn't make it to the final..)

No comments:

Post a Comment