Wednesday 20 April 2016

Project Eurovision

All dressed up and nowhere to go?
Well, we have the completely opposite problem...

We have somewhere to go, (a fabulous ESC party, of course) and nothing to wear.. And as you may have gotten by now, we can hardly afford staying alive so we definitely can't afford new fab outfits.
We could always opt for our oddly similar everyday uniform, stripey shirt and jeans, but let's not kid ourselves... That's not nearly sparkly enough for Eurovision.

Luckily...perhaps... I have been binge watching RuPauls Drag Race lately. This has turned out to be a bit of a double edged sword, to be honest.
On the one hand my love and need for over the top-glamour have gone through the roof. This will make it difficult to find an outfit to suit my new  very hight standards of fab.
On the other hand it has also made me quite confident that I can just throw together some fabric and make something unique and catwalk worthy in no time.

So that's exactly what I plan on doing.

I mean, what could go wrong? I have a sewing machine, foolhardiness and  a great Turkish market in my neighbourhood, where they have super cheap, fantastic sequin fabrics. CHECK CHECK CHECK!!!



So the plan is to make us matching outfits from this fabric. A tad campy, but hey! Isn't Eurovision (at least the best bits) as campy as it gets?!?

Matt's getting a waistcoat with a sequin Union Jack on the back,



and I'm making a kind of onesie for myself.

I have decided to start with my outfit, just in case I'm not as good a seamstress as I think... That way I am my own guinea pig and if something goes completely wrong no one will know (cause I'll be hiding it under huuuuuuge accessories)




WOHOHOHOHO :) Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment